Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stephanie's Fall Wedding Favours

My sister, Stephanie, loved the idea of using M&M's with a picture of herself and Chris for the wedding favours. My job was to create a favour appropriate for a fall wedding that displayed the M&M's!!! The M&M's actually also have the wedding date and just married printed on them.


I cut and embossed sawdust cardstock using the Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaves. Then I stamped each leaf using a wedding word stamp from Michael's and Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa ink. Next I coloured each leaf with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Wild Honey and Barn Door using an Inkessentials Ink Blending Tool. I edged each leaf with an Adirondack Gold acrylic paint dabber. Then I punched a 1 3/4" circle to add the Sweet Treat cups. Stephanie and I filled the cups with the M&M's. Finally, we backed the leaves using brown sparkly Scrapbook Sally cardstock and added a small label with the names and wedding date.

We're really happy with the end result, and we got a great reaction from the wedding guests!!! Although too many non-crafters thought that we just ordered them package in the leaves. LOL :)

The entire day was wonderful filled with love, laughter and joy. Stephanie was so beautiful and Chris so handsome. I was honoured to help in any way possible. It is day that I will always cherish. :)

4 comments:

  1. You did an Awesome job!!! I love them so much although not as much as we LOVE you!!!! Thank you soooooo much for being there for me, I couldn't have done it with out you!!! Love you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, what an awesome idea!!! love the m&m's too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The favours are fantastic, but no one in my family is aloud to open them and eat them because they are too pretty.

    So, can you bring me some of the extra M&Ms you have so I can see if they still taste as good as a regular M&M!?

    It was a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didn't realize that you coloured the leaves. They turned out beautiful and I had to take an extra from my table to show my parents who were both impressed.

    ReplyDelete